Cooking with Folie à Trois 👩🍳
Hey there! We noticed that you've been eyeing our birthday cake ever since we posted that TikTok. 😉 But don't worry, we made it ourselves and we're happy to share the recipe with you! It's really easy!
We decided to make a Red Velvet Cake, which is a festive cake with a velvety texture and a deep red color. In this article, we'll explain how you can make a Red Velvet Cake yourself using Dr. Oetker Red Velvet Cake mix. It's super simple, so let's get started!
To make this delicious cake, you'll need the following ingredients:
- 1 package of Dr. Oetker Red Velvet Cake mix
- 250 ml of whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 100g MonChou (in wrapper) or cream cheese spread
- 2 tablespoons of water
The preparation of the Red Velvet Cake consists of three steps: preparing, preparing and baking the batter, and preparing the topping.
- Make sure the eggs are at room temperature.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and preheat the oven.
- Fold the baking pan (follow the instructions on the baking pan) and place it on the baking tray. Do not move the baking pan anymore after filling.
Preparing and baking the batter
- Put the cake mix, eggs, 100 ml of whipping cream, and 2 tablespoons of water in a mixing bowl.
- Stir the mixture gently until it forms a smooth mass that no longer dusts. Then beat the mixture with the mixer on the highest setting for 3 minutes until it forms a light batter.
- Divide the batter over the baking pan. Immediately wash the mixing bowl and beaters with lukewarm water to prevent red deposit.
- Place the baking tray in the middle of the oven and bake the cake for 45-50 minutes.
- Insert a skewer in the middle of the cake. If the skewer is dry, the cake is done. If not, bake the cake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool well in the baking pan (at least 30 minutes).
- Then cut the cardboard baking pan off the Red Velvet Cake with a knife. Cut the cake horizontally in half with a sharp serrated knife (bread knife) to create a top and a bottom. Let the top and bottom cool well before decorating.
Preparing the topping
- Put the 100g MonChou® in a bowl and mix it with a mixer with beaters until smooth.
- Add the topping mix and the remaining whipping cream (150 ml) and mix the whole thing again in half a minute with the mixer on the lowest setting until a thick mass is obtained.
- Beat the topping with a mixer with beaters for 2 minutes on the highest setting until it forms a light topping.
With the help of Dr. Oetker Red Velvet Cake mix and the above steps, making a delicious Red Velvet Cake is a piece of cake. All you have to do is decorate the cake with the light topping and some sprinkles.
Enjoy this festive and creamy cake and celebrate our birthday with us!